RÉNOVERT TAX CREDIT
This refundable tax credit has been introduced on a temporary basis to encourage individuals to invest in recognized eco-friendly home renovation work that has a positive environmental impact or improves their dwelling's energy efficiency.
You can claim the credit if you have recognized eco-friendly home renovation work done to a dwelling you own or co-own that is your principal residence or a winterized cottage that you normally occupy. The initial construction of the dwelling must have been completed before January 1, 2016, and the dwelling must be one of the following:
- a single-family home;
- a permanently installed prefabricated house or mobile home;
- an apartment in a building held in divided co-ownership (condominium);
- a dwelling in a residential duplex or triplex;
- a winterized cottage that you normally occupy.
The renovation work must have been done by a qualified contractor under a contract entered into after March 17, 2016, and before April 1, 2017.
The amount of the tax credit you can claim in respect of an eligible dwelling corresponds to 20% of the portion of your eligible expenses paid after March 17, 2016, and before October 1, 2017, that exceeds $2,500, up to a maximum tax credit of $10,000.
This tax credit is managed by:
Here are the useful links and references:
- Revenu Québec - Link to the website: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/
- Budget publication "Additional Information 2016-2017" providing a detailed description of the RénoVert tax credit (p.11 to 21): http://www.budget.finances.gouv.qc.ca/budget/2016- 2017/en/documents/AdditionalInfo.pdf